Synology has released Disk Station Manager 5.2 Update 2 and is calling it DSM 5.2-5565 Update 2. While there are some security fixes there’s nothing major. Unless, of course, you’re impacted by one of the bugs that have been fixed.
Synology has also stated that they reviewed DSM and their implementation of OpenSSL is not vulnerable to the LogJam vulnerability.
The complete list of documented fixes is:
- Improved the stability of SHR expansion.
- Improved the stability of SMB transfer when the system is being accessed by an excessive number of clients.
- Fixed multiple kernel vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-3122, CVE-2014-3153, CVE-2014-0196, and CVE-2014-4699).
- Fixed an issue where CPU usage could remain high when widget is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where LDAP users could fail to log in to DSM.
- Fixed an issue where files could not be downloaded via Windows’ terminal.
- Fixed an issue where system cannot enter hibernation.
- Fixed an issue where some folders with non-English names would become inaccessible via SMB.
- Fixed an issue where volumes/iSCSI LUN cannot be displayed after the Synology High Availability system resumes from safe mode with UPS connected.
I installed the update on a DS1815+, DS415+, DS212+ and DS1511+ without any issues. It does reboot the NAS