DiskStation Manager 5.2 (DSM 5.2) has only been out a few days but they already released an update. DSM 5.2 Update 1 has been released.
The documented changes include:
- Fixed an issue where users could fail to join domain when the domain admin account contains specific characters.
- Improved the compatibility with USB devices.
- Fixed a security vulnerability to prevent cross-site scripting attacks (XSS).
- Upgraded PHP to 5.5.25 to address multiple security vulnerabilities (CVE-2006-7243, CVE-2015-4021, CVE-2015-4022, CVE-2015-4024, CVE-2015-4025, CVE-2015-4026).
- Improved the compatibility with 3rd party DTV applications.
- Fixed an issue where SSD cache volume information may not be displayed correctly in Resource Monitor.
- Fixed an issue where users with guest accounts would be unable to create new files or folders via SMB protocol.
I haven’t encountered any of these issues in the short time I’ve been using DSM 5.2. I will be setting up a SSD cache in a week or so and the security fixes are always welcome so I immediately applied the update.
I applied the update to a DS1815+, DS415+ and DS212+ Synology NAS without having a problem. The update only took a couple of minutes but it did require a NAS reboot.