Synology has updated DiskStation Manager 5.1 to version 5.1-5021. The update includes (from the Synology DSM release notes):
This update includes all bug fixes as well as security fixes in the previously released critical updates since DSM 5.1-5004.
- Enhanced data security by disabling “Mount automatically on start-up” after restoring an encrypted shared folder.
- Fixed a vulnerability that allows senders to access unintended destinations during a backup job.
- Enhanced stability on Amazon S3 on large file backup.
- Upgraded OpenVPN to 2.3.6 to address a security vulnerability.
- Fixed a vulnerability that allows local users to initiate a denial of service by queuing the maximum number of file descriptors (CVE-2014-7824).
- Upgraded PHP to 5.5.19 to address multiple vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-3669, CVE-2014-3670, CVE-2014-3668, and CVE-2014-3710).
- Improved DTV dongle compatibility.
- Improved file-copying stability on DS2015xs.
- Fixed an issue where DS213+ and DS413 could power up unexpectedly when backup tasks are scheduled.
- Minor bug fixes.
Synology has also updated many of their packages (a.k.a. applications) with minor enhancements and bug fixes. Of the packages I use, the following have been updated:
- Audio Station
- Cloud Station
- Cloud Sync
- Download Station
- Note Station
- Video Station
All the changes are minor, the only one I personally noticed is that Note Station now sorts the Notebooks in the sidebar list which makes them easier to find.
I updated both my Synology DS415+ and Synology DS212+ without having a problem.