Twenty three days after the official release of DSM 5.1 Synology has released an update.
Version : 5.1-5004 Update 2
- Fixed an issue that could cause a false alarm in Security Advisor after upgrading to DSM 5.1-5004 Update 1.
- Fixed an issue where Firewall rules did not apply correctly.
- Fixed a security issue that could allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted ECC certificate or certificate signing requests (CVE-2014-8564).
- Enhanced HA stability on system updates.
- Fixed an issue where DS213+ and DS413 could fail to execute scheduled tasks after entering system hibernation.
- Fixed the send-mail function in PHP.
- Fixed an issue where packages failed to start or users were unable to install packages on entry models.
- Fixed an issue where CGI cannot be executed in Web Station.
- Fixed an issue where DSM mobile was not correctly displayed on Chrome v39 on mobile devices.
- Fixed an issue where installation of digitally-signed packages could fail on EDS14.
- Improved QuickConnect mechanism on complex network environment.
- Fixed an issue where scheduled power-off function could fail to execute when DSM Auto Update was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where false warning could display in System Health on Play-series.
- Fixed “Customzie PHP open_basedir” function to accept directories that have not been created.
- Enhanced security on SSH/Telnet connections.
- Fixed an issue where EDS14 could fail to apply updates.
The update is available through automatic update in control panel. Like all firmware updates a reboot is required.
The update took less than 10 minutes each on my DS415+ NAS, DS212J and DS212+.