I’ve forever ignored a problem Internet Explorer had when displaying this site. It displayed correctly (meaning the way the CSS said to) in every browser I used except IE. Now IE 8 gets it right (at least the IE8 I’m running on Windows 7).
The problem was the way IE displayed the picture I put in the top left of many posts. This is how IE 7 and earlier used to display them. Notice the text starting at the bottom of the picture.
This is the way every other browser and now IE 8 displays it. Notice the text starts at the top of the picture.
Just don’t switch to the poorly named “compatibility mode: in IE 8. At least MS seems to have decided to turn this regressive mode off by default.